Ga naar inhoud

Message from PeN new TFGET Version

snopper

Aanbevolen berichten

the following message was posted by PeN in the german Topfield forum, which I wanted to share with you and which is very usefull for those copying files from the Topfield to a PC.

Snopper

Dear TF fans,

after several delays, I have finally sent the latest version of TFDISK for publishing on the follwing site http://topfield.abock.de/PeN/ . It lives there as:

http://topfield.abock.de/PeN/tfdisk-020907.zip (tested)

There are a number of changes, please read the README.TXT carefully to avoid problems. I will try to summarize the most important changes here:

1. TFGET used to be the only program in the TFDISK set, now there are two: TF and TFGET. TFGET is kept only for those who have got used to it and before they learn to use the new program. All the new functionality will be implemented in TF. TF can be used from other programs more easily, can work with batches and can do more than only to read from TF disks. Read the docs coming with the package about the usage instructions.

2. AC-3 sound is supported while creating VOB files, if the AC-3 sound was selected while recording as default. There is no way to select the specific sound track for multi-language (such as Czech TV) or multi-standard broadcasts (such as PRO-7).

3. "RAW" (see manual) recordings can be written back to TF disks. This has been tested extensively by seveal people, but there is still a chance that it will damage your disk and you will need to re-format it. Please be patient, if any problem is found, I will try to fix it, but do not sue me or use bad language on this forum, I am only human and I try to do what I can. However, despite the fact that there were early errors, I have also managed to recover from any mistakes without losing any data on my disk. There are good chances that the errors will not be severe.

4. recordings can be deleted on the PC

5. support for Linux (2.4.x kernels) has been re-introduced thanks to Edwin de Vreede from Netherlands. He has also been one of the key testers for write support.

Plans for the next version:

- selection of audio track

- output to pipes (for immediate processing by other tools)

- improvement of the VOB format conversion (inclusion of NAV packets with at least limited content - the aim is to write them directly to DVDs)

- possible conversion from other formats to RAW before writing to TF disk (most likely will be delayed for a long time)

I will try to do something (ie. to put together tools by other people) to be able to cut recordings precisely or even to be able to cut them "in place" on TF disks (ie. without being transferred to PC disk first). Cutting would be supported at GOP boundaries (typically about every 0.1 sec). Other people with experience with cutting MPEG-2 materials, please let me know your preferred tools and working instructions. Also, one day I might try to do something about joining several recordings into 1 and to put bookmarks to the old recording boundaries (good for many short recordings such as 7 minute daily cartoons for kids, where the whole series could be joined into 1 recording).

Please let me know if the new version is stable and what would you like to get improved.

PeN

http://board2.topfield.de/thread.php?threadid=1717&boardid=7&styleid=2

Xtrend ET9500 met OpenPli 3.0 met Kathrein 90cm (19.2 en 23.5)

Link naar reactie
Delen op andere sites

Maak een account aan of log in om te reageren

Je moet een lid zijn om een reactie te kunnen achterlaten

Account aanmaken

Registreer voor een nieuwe account in onze community. Het is erg gemakkelijk!

Registreer een nieuwe account

Inloggen

Heb je reeds een account? Log hier in.

Nu inloggen